HA! I think I have read more books in the last year than in the rest of my life. I found my old Chronicles of Narnia books and decided to read them all. So I cranked out 3 books on the trip to Germany and 4 in the first few days. So I read Prince Caspian and then for Christmas our family bough ourselves Prince Caspian the movie. In my opinion, I think C. S. Lewis would have "rolled over in his grave" if he knew how much Disney BATCHED that movie. Disney or whoever blatenly removed the image of God from the movie. They shifted the focus from Aslan the savior, redeemer, and hope of Narnia to human ingenuity and triump. Aslan was obvious afterthought of the movie ("Oh wait we need that guy to sell"). The hero became the humans and reflected a almost humanistic philosophy. I was most angered because it portrayed that Alsan (God) didn't show up until the humans had succeeded just about ("like where is Aslan/God? Oh didn't show, guess we don't need him"). How IRONIC they take C.S. Lewis, who opposed humanism, and make his work humanist. ANGER!
On another note, I just finished Mover of Men and Mountains; an autobiography of R. G. LeTourneau. I recommend this book.
Ill finish this later. I have some comments on his book.
No comments:
Post a Comment