Friday, February 20, 2009

Start your own Cult!


This semester I'm taking a class on cults here at LeTourneau.  Anyways we just went over Scientology.  In a nut shell, Scientology is basically like every other cult (shocking I know).  Cults can be characterized by the idea that man is/becomes god (or supernatural) and that only through works/deeds can one be saved/exalted/ascend to a deity.  Satan isn't very creative in his deceptions and humans are not very smart for falling for the same trick.  Anyway in this flavor of cult, humans are actually immortal spirits called Thetans and have all power and knowledge (basically god).  The only problem is that humans have forgotten they are a deity due to build up of karma... err I mean Engrams.  Basically for what I understand these immortal Thetans got bored one day in pretime and decided to create everything through the projection of their spirit/mind.  So some how they messed up and Engrams came into existence.  Engrams are bad things like pain, suffering, etc.  The point is to deny/talk out all pain and suffering and pay lots of money to take classes (think new age, eastern mysticism, etc.).  Once you free yourself engrams, you can become an Opertating Thetan and have the change to understand you are god.  So to get rid of these Engrams they work it out with an E-Meter.  All that to say the internet is a wonderful place.  Now you can build your own E-Meter!  Build your own religious artifact! 


Basically for those of you who dont know, I am a Computer Science and Engineering Technology major.  Basically I am computer science and electrical engineering.  I want to research into it further, but from just the operation I can tell you it is basically a Ohms meter (measures resistance).  A persons body and skin is a semiconductor.  It conducts with a little bit of resistance that changes depending on what your are doing (such as your grip, etc).  Also, remember that your body generates electricity (think Matrix).  Also your nervous systems uses electricity.  I have some experience with body voltages since I built a EKG (Electronic Kardio Graph, heart monitor) last semester.  To get an accurate reading of the heart, first off need at least three connections to the body (we used those medical pads with that nasty crap that takes all your hair off when you remove it, very painful).  On top of that we used a instrumentation amp, a high pass filter, low pass filter, and a voltage follower amp on the shielding (since we didn't want any extra signals).  We BARLEY got a good signal free of noise with all of that.  Not to mention all the RF noise, pink noise, white noise, and all other types of noise those things probably pick up.  Anyways I can guarantee a lot of poor scientologists turned out to have way more Engrams on days when there are solar flares or they are near cars, welders, power lines, transformers, etc.  Guess your not as "preclean" after all.   Sucks when your salvation changes depending a man made device.

"Ah crap, dont use that welder!  Ill lose my salvation!"


2 comments: