Saturday, June 6, 2009

Past Events

Well hello all. Here is what has happened in the last month: I graduated (woot) from LeTourneau University and I sat around for three weeks afterward to make some cash working for the school. At the end of the three weeks, I was packed and ready to move. I had asked a prof of mine to see if I could borrow his truck. He said he needed to take it to the shop, so I helped him earlier in the month.

By the end of my three weeks the truck was not out of the shop. SO I waited patiently. I kept checking every day to see if it was done. It was not. A week went by and not a whole lot had happened. It was Thursday night and I got an email saying I was expected to be up in Nampa, Idaho by 8AM Monday morning. I found a cheap plane at 11 PM for a flight at 7:30 PM the next day. My roommate was already going out to Dallas, so he said he would give me a ride.

So it seems like someone didn't want me to get out to Nampa. I had planned to borrow my profs big turbo diesel to pull my dad's jag and all out stuff out to grandma's return and then drive my truck out to Nampa, but that didn't happen. Yesterday morning we headed out to eat lunch with my room mates uncle and then drop me off at the airport. We take his car and about 45 minutes into the drive the car starts to choke.

My roommate happened to have a few extra injectors in his car, so we switches them out and got back on the road. The injectors did absolutely nothing. So we turned around and barely made it home. The only really road worth car we had available was my roommate's Porsche 914 that was basically a race car. It had a massive turbo and a methanol injection system on it. So we loaded that up and headed out again.

We left his uncle's place really late (like 5:30) and had to drive an hour to the airport through Dallas. Of course we got stuck in traffic, and an air cooled car in traffic on a hot Texas day is never good. So we made it into DFW at about 6:20 amazingly and now I am in Nampa, ID. Ive been praying about if the Lord wants me here or not, and somehow I made it, but as I told my room mate, I feel like a kid in a big man's world now. So if you would, keep me in your prayers.

No comments: