So I was looking back through my pictures and found a picture that was taken about a minute or two after my 1965 Jaguar 'gave me a hug' fall 2007. So I was trying to pull the engine before I left for christmas break. I had completely removed the front suspension to take out the engine. On an E-Type you pretty much have to dismantle half of the car to get the engine out. So anyways I was hammering (with my rubber mallet) away on something under the car when one of the jack stands just shot out. It was crazy, not sure how it would slip out since the jack was on the space frame and was flew out perpendicular to the directing I was hitting on the bolt at. So anyways all however many hundreds of pounds fell on me. I think it was a miracle I didn't get crushed to death. I think I was in the only position that I had a surviving chance at. I was lying on my right shoulder and the car fell onto my left shoulder. I was able to lift it a little bit to keep it from completely crushing me. Anyways I yelled and Ryan and Gareth came over and helped get the car off of me. Anyways I placed a larger jack under the car and went back to what I was doing. Turns out next day I was in lots of pain. Turns out I cracked a few ribs. Oh, well.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Automotive Affection
So I was looking back through my pictures and found a picture that was taken about a minute or two after my 1965 Jaguar 'gave me a hug' fall 2007. So I was trying to pull the engine before I left for christmas break. I had completely removed the front suspension to take out the engine. On an E-Type you pretty much have to dismantle half of the car to get the engine out. So anyways I was hammering (with my rubber mallet) away on something under the car when one of the jack stands just shot out. It was crazy, not sure how it would slip out since the jack was on the space frame and was flew out perpendicular to the directing I was hitting on the bolt at. So anyways all however many hundreds of pounds fell on me. I think it was a miracle I didn't get crushed to death. I think I was in the only position that I had a surviving chance at. I was lying on my right shoulder and the car fell onto my left shoulder. I was able to lift it a little bit to keep it from completely crushing me. Anyways I yelled and Ryan and Gareth came over and helped get the car off of me. Anyways I placed a larger jack under the car and went back to what I was doing. Turns out next day I was in lots of pain. Turns out I cracked a few ribs. Oh, well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment