I may add more to this post when I feel like it. Anyways this Is a brief post about my adventure. So basically the trip begun when I drove out to Longview, TX from Redlands, CA to take some stuff over to LeTourneau where I was going to school. So after that trip, which was an adventure in it self (I left on the hottest day of the year that actually was the hottest day in like quite a few years and drove through the pass out of california and the Mohavie desert with the heater on full blast, drank a gallon of water every hour, was pretty crazy and I was by myself) I had stayed at my grandmas in Ohio for a month and then decided to drive back out to california to get the rest of my stuff. So My cousins decided to come with me. Well, one flew out and the other rode out. Anyways nether of them could rive stick, so I taught my cousin Ben to drive stick the day before we left. So to make a really long story short, in flagstaff I noticed that the car had overheated. I popped the hood to discover that the engine had bounced off its motor mounts and was lying on its side, and the reason it was overheating was that the fan had been stopped by the shroud. So we were convienetly near a sears, so I got a new tire, because one separated, that had a shipping container in the middle of the parking lot. So I parked it next to the shipping container and my cousins watched as I put my come-along on the shipping container and then connected it to my engine. Next I had one of them ratchet it as I maneuvered it with a massive crowbar. Once in place we left it and drove another couple hundred miles and stoped for the night, next morning we found out that the engine had fallen off the mounts again and was on it's side again. So I grabbed a few of my tie-downs and ratcheted the engine into place. So then we drove another 1000 miles or so and made it to Longview.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Seeing America with the Cousins
I may add more to this post when I feel like it. Anyways this Is a brief post about my adventure. So basically the trip begun when I drove out to Longview, TX from Redlands, CA to take some stuff over to LeTourneau where I was going to school. So after that trip, which was an adventure in it self (I left on the hottest day of the year that actually was the hottest day in like quite a few years and drove through the pass out of california and the Mohavie desert with the heater on full blast, drank a gallon of water every hour, was pretty crazy and I was by myself) I had stayed at my grandmas in Ohio for a month and then decided to drive back out to california to get the rest of my stuff. So My cousins decided to come with me. Well, one flew out and the other rode out. Anyways nether of them could rive stick, so I taught my cousin Ben to drive stick the day before we left. So to make a really long story short, in flagstaff I noticed that the car had overheated. I popped the hood to discover that the engine had bounced off its motor mounts and was lying on its side, and the reason it was overheating was that the fan had been stopped by the shroud. So we were convienetly near a sears, so I got a new tire, because one separated, that had a shipping container in the middle of the parking lot. So I parked it next to the shipping container and my cousins watched as I put my come-along on the shipping container and then connected it to my engine. Next I had one of them ratchet it as I maneuvered it with a massive crowbar. Once in place we left it and drove another couple hundred miles and stoped for the night, next morning we found out that the engine had fallen off the mounts again and was on it's side again. So I grabbed a few of my tie-downs and ratcheted the engine into place. So then we drove another 1000 miles or so and made it to Longview.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
WHAT? thats ridiculous
That's a good ol' car. I can't believe it was even still running at all.
Post a Comment