Tuesday, June 24, 2008

s2008A:P3 2 Weeks In...



OK SO MY LARGE PENTAGRAM PICTURE THAT I TOOK IN THE CHILDREN'S SECTION AT THE LDS HISTORY MUSEUM AT TEMPLE SQUARE HAS INCONVENIENTLY BEEN REMOVED FROM MY BLOG WITH OUT MY PERMISSION. SO APPARENTLY I CANT POST WHATEVER I WANT ON MY BLOG.

That being said, on to what is happening. So these last few weeks have ben relaxed. I worked on the network and finished a few projects on that. Now I am doing electronics work. Last week I climbed about 50 or 60 feet (ok more like 40) up an antena mast. I had some safety equipment but was still pretty crazy. I spent most of my time fighting the ants that were crawling all over the antena. For some reason ants like to climb the antenna mast and onto the antenna. So I had one had free and one holding on to the mast all the while I was dogging or killing ants. So once that was done I got the antenna down without dropping it. We have been working on a few projects. I have kinda took over on this senior design project from Messiah college. Apparently they created a box with some firmware that translates gps data from the our codan radio (the radio gets the data from our planes flying around) and translates the data into this protocal called KISS that a computer can read. Now we are supposed to have this program that takes the data in KISS form and maps the gps location on a map, unfortunately we didnt get the cd that had all the data on it. At first this was way over my head, but when I spent some time I realized that the radio itself can communicate strait to the computer and the data can then probably be picked up by some script. The project is a good idea, but I think could have been better executed (i spent some time resottering some connections). Anyways Besides that we are looking at a cheaper and better way to send tcp/ip packets over HF radio. Again at first all this radio stuff was way over my head, butt now im learning. So I spent to day building a couple circuits on my bread board and made a few cables (one is rainbow colored! yay!).
On off time I spend time with Robert and Rebecca. Robert is 8 and Rebecca is 9. Pretty much all of their friends have left for the summer so I try and spend some time with them. Their favorite game we play is everybody try to beat me up. So I will just be standing there, then robbie comes at me with a flying elbow, so I avoid that but then I get a kick in the shit and a punch in the gut from eithe robbie or rebecca. Anyways I just grab them behing their knees and grap their upper body with my other arm and throw them ontp the couch or bed. So we have fun, it is an intense workout. We were susposed to go into the jungle but since both rob and I threw out our backs, we have been holding off on it. Pray for energy, something about this place drains me of energy. Pray for saftey, besides the headhunters, there is an abundance of poisonous creatures.

1 comment:

Tyler the former Addison said...

Dude they took your petnagram off?!? hmmm. It sounds like you are having a good time. Oh ya I thought I should tell you you misspelled shin, and it came out a little wrong. At least I think you meant shin.