So I have now arrived in Ecuador. My flight here was fairly painless considering my history with international flights (talking about the pain of customs and layovers). Anyways made it here ok. Ecuador is absolutely beautiful and hey, they use american currency country wide, except everything costs half as much as in the states. Anyways When I got here we drove down the Pan-American Highway for a few hours and saw quite a few volcanoes. They say that some of them are at the same or higher altitude than Mt. Everest because of the 'buldge' around the center of the earth, or so they tell me. Anyways there are some massive volcanoes here, all covered in snow even though there is jungle below them, pretty cool. So after a long drive we made it to Shell. I have been working on a project, which we just finished, involving reinstalling an accounting program that is as old as dirt. So with much complaining at the programs lack of sophistication, we got it all running. I have been living at the DiCrastos and having a blast with their children, Robbie and Rebecca. Those two kinds take all the life out of me, they always want to wrestle or do something, but its way fun. Anyways, this weekend we went to some random pool and chilled for a day, then on sunday I got to go to the local church service. The church is an evangelical church made up of nationals that is huge. For those of you that don't know, if you have ever seen End of the Spear or Beyond the Gates of Splendor (I have seen neither one but I have heard about them) , Nate Saint was based out of Shell. In fact, I am living with the DiCrastos in his old hangar and the Saint house is just across the concrete pad from us. Kinda cool. So today is monday and we are between projects so I am just writing to let everyone know what is up.
Monday, June 16, 2008
S2008A:P3 Arrival in Ecuador
So I have now arrived in Ecuador. My flight here was fairly painless considering my history with international flights (talking about the pain of customs and layovers). Anyways made it here ok. Ecuador is absolutely beautiful and hey, they use american currency country wide, except everything costs half as much as in the states. Anyways When I got here we drove down the Pan-American Highway for a few hours and saw quite a few volcanoes. They say that some of them are at the same or higher altitude than Mt. Everest because of the 'buldge' around the center of the earth, or so they tell me. Anyways there are some massive volcanoes here, all covered in snow even though there is jungle below them, pretty cool. So after a long drive we made it to Shell. I have been working on a project, which we just finished, involving reinstalling an accounting program that is as old as dirt. So with much complaining at the programs lack of sophistication, we got it all running. I have been living at the DiCrastos and having a blast with their children, Robbie and Rebecca. Those two kinds take all the life out of me, they always want to wrestle or do something, but its way fun. Anyways, this weekend we went to some random pool and chilled for a day, then on sunday I got to go to the local church service. The church is an evangelical church made up of nationals that is huge. For those of you that don't know, if you have ever seen End of the Spear or Beyond the Gates of Splendor (I have seen neither one but I have heard about them) , Nate Saint was based out of Shell. In fact, I am living with the DiCrastos in his old hangar and the Saint house is just across the concrete pad from us. Kinda cool. So today is monday and we are between projects so I am just writing to let everyone know what is up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment