Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Just Ask For Help


I took this out of my upcoming prayer letter because it was too long. The last post was too. Don't worry I hacked it down to 4 pages :)


Last weekend I went to see my Uncle Pat and seek his guidance about what to do. He is a pastor at a church in Charleston, Illinois. I have been trying to figure out what the Lord is trying to tell me. I tend to be really stubborn and hardheaded. The Lord usually has to get my attention by hitting me upside the head with something, like breaking down in the middle of nowhere (he's done that more than once, just read my blog). I went to the bank, trying to deposit a check at a credit union so I would have cash to get home. I ended up leaving my brains at home and my keys in my truck. I thought to myself, “Junk, I just deposited money in my account. Now I have to call a locksmith?” Going back to my old ways, I called my uncle and asked him to bring me a coat hanger. After he arrived, I proceeded to try opening the door with a coat hanger, but it was useless. As I started to get desperate, people just started to come up and help. There were probably 4 or 5 guys that decided to help out and after a half hour or so we were able to get the car door open. Again I was amazed by what the Lord was teaching me and almost ashamed that I haven't learned my lesson yet.

No comments: