
Last wednesday my cousin James was in town. Together my other cousins, Jordan and Jonathan, we went to the amusement park called Kings Island. The last time I went to an amusement park was the first time I rode a roller coaster. I rode on the legendary wooden roller coaster called "the Beast" and at first I freaked out and clung to it with a death grip. Half way through the ride I just gave up and let go. The rest of the time I had such a great time. It got me thinking. A few nights ago I was chatting with Emilee and I made an analogy. I think the Lord put together in my mind that I think describes how the Christian life can be. On a roller coaster, like the beast, we get try to control the situation by bracing ourselves. We know the roller coaster isn't going to kill us because we have ridden it before and watched it go while we were waiting. When we get on we get scared because we don't have control and because of that we get abused by the ride and dread ever doing it again. When we are riding and we just let go and give up control, it becomes so much more enjoyable. It becomes relaxing and enjoyable. When you get off, you want to do it again. Same way with the Christian life.
No comments:
Post a Comment